Monday, February 2, 2015

It is OK to sometimes break the rules!


It is OK to sometimes break the rules.  IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!
 
 
 

I have always been a rule follower.  I am the one driving the posted speed while others zooms past.  I was such a stickler for rules at work that I literally wrote books for new managers in my last job.  So it was a long time coming for me to start tossing out rules regarding weight loss.  I finally realized that it is futile to attempt something for a few weeks, knowing that at some point I would revert back to old habits.  So I decided to figure out what would work in our household for me and my hubby to achieve a healthier lifestyle.

That decision itself goes against the assumption that you must be following a certain program or spending money on products to be successful in weight loss.  IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!

That first taste of breaking the rule made it easier.  We’ve all heard that you should weigh in once a week, not daily.  We find that it keeps us more personally accountable to weigh every day.  IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!

Some of the concepts that we are following suggest eliminating caffeine. We have eliminated many things, but don’t mess with our morning coffee!  IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!

At this point, I almost feel as if I am confessing.  So I guess the next confession is that we rarely actually eat breakfast.  We leisurely enjoy our coffee and a nice glass of orange or apple juice. Now to this juice, we add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar with the mother.  (Yes, that is what it is called!) I read about the use of vinegar for health, but was persuaded to try it when our son told us he was using it, and saw benefits.  Some of the purported benefits are boosting metabolism and curbing the appetite. I honestly think it is helping us.  Anyway, after drinking our coffee and juice, we just aren’t hungry.  (Besides, we don’t usually get up till after 8 AM, so it is soon lunch time!) IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!

We have been really big on eliminating sugar. We do, however, usually treat ourselves once a day. On these cold wintry days, we indulge in a mid-afternoon treat of hot cappuccino.  We look forward to it, and I think it has helped with the craving for sweets. It has 120 calories, but if it keeps away the cravings, that's ok!  IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES!
 
 
 

My whole point is that there is no one size fits all on how to achieve weight loss to contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Try to find what will work for you!   IT IS OK TO SOMETIMES BREAK THE RULES! WHATEVER WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment